By Paizo Staff
For many humans, dying is a free up, a passage into the simply rewards of the afterlife. but now not each person who dies rests effortless. Legends and campfire stories inform of these members too evil to die, or too twisted by means of delight or occult wisdom to move over to the opposite aspect. those misplaced souls turn into the undead, plaguing the darkish crypts or silent streets of towns and farm cities alike, feasting at the blameless or spreading their immortal contagion like a plague.
Undead Revisited explores 10 diversified undead monsters—or complete breeds of monsters—from either real-world historical past and the ordinary traditions of fable roleplaying. each one monster access explores the undead creature’s formation and ecology, its interactions with its sufferers and different undead, assistance and tips relating to its function in a crusade, version types for additional gaming application, and extra. moreover, every one access comes with a distinct pattern monster, whole with complete data for the Pathfinder RPG and able to be dropped into any game.
Inside this 64-page ebook, you’ll find:
• Liches, the twisted spellcasters who lock away their souls so dying may well by no means declare them
• Devourers, who shape from the spirits of strong spellcasters and fiends that enterprise into the darkness past the planes and are available again ceaselessly tainted
• Raveners, the undead dragons wrapped within the soul power of these they destroy
• Spectral lifeless, these formless spirits similar to the wailing and betrayed banshees, the insane allips, the livid spectres, and the supremely evil wraiths
• Shadows, these souls too covetous and miserly to relinquish their snatch on life
• Bodaks, the eyeless horrors twisted by means of attractions not anyone used to be intended to see
• Graveknights, whose lust for conflict is aware no end—not even in death
• Nightshades, the planar juggernauts who search to snuff all existence from the cosmos
• Mohrgs, the undead murders who upward push after demise to stalk the streets
• Wights, with their insatiable starvation for the souls of the living
Undead Revisited is meant to be used with the Pathfinder Roleplaying online game and Pathfinder crusade atmosphere, yet can simply be utilized in any delusion online game atmosphere.
Read Online or Download Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited PDF
Best gaming books
Players like to recount their most fun exploits in on-line play, specifically their moments of maximum problem, ability, and good fortune. those narratives usually resemble tales that actual infantrymen may perhaps inform upon coming back from conflict. in spite of the fact that, just like the video games that encourage them, which in flip mirror the depiction of struggle in movie, they're without the horrors of actual conflict; as an alternative, they communicate topics of honor, glory, sacrifice, and intrigue.
The Fireborn online game Master's instruction manual comprises the entire principles and recommendation you want to run your individual Fireborn crusade. This e-book promises the instruments to teach your gamers epic experience within the mythic age or topic them to darkish mysteries in sleek London. It comprises environment info for London, in addition to info on 4 epochs from the mythic age, in addition to suggestion on the right way to run a Fireborn crusade, how one can use flashbacks to their fullest, principles for karmic goods and taint, and lots of characters and creatures for use as acquaintances or foes.
Dirt to Dust!
Discover the secrets and techniques of struggling with the undead with Pathfinder participant spouse: Undead Slayer’s instruction manual! From senseless zombies to diabolical liches, the undead horrors of Golarion are as various as they're numerous—and slayers of all walks are had to go back those dread monsters to their graves. grasp a number of the strategies had to establish and conflict timeless foes, no matter if you’re a knightly order’s specialist exorcist, a pupil pursing wisdom the undead own, or a rogue undead hunter with purposes your whole own.
Inside this ebook, you’ll find:
• info at the necrology of undead creatures, no matter if they’re senseless skeletons present basically to serve or consummate vampires violently pursuing the dream of immortality.
• a radical exploration of 4 personality topics that disguise the varied strategies of assorted undead slayers, together with the righteous exorcist, the considerate necrologist, the merciful redeemer, and the ruthless stalker.
• New classification archetypes and personality recommendations that permit slayers from all paths to take down the undead in no matter what demeanour they see fit.
• New adventuring equipment, alchemical goods, and slayer kits to ensure you have the instruments essential to lay undead creatures low.
• New spells, feats, magic goods, and extra to make sure your subsequent come across with the undead isn’t your last.
This Pathfinder participant spouse is meant to be used with the Pathfinder Roleplaying online game and the Pathfinder crusade environment, yet can simply be included into any delusion world.
Written by means of Dennis Baker, Jay Loomis, Alex Putnam, Adam Roy, Tork Shaw, and Larry Wilhelm
Cover paintings by way of Michal Ivan
Extra info for Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited
Multiple umbral webs can entangle a single foe—the DCs to escape do not increase, but the temporary negative levels they cause stack. A creature that gains a total number of negative levels equal to its Hit Dice is immediately slain. Warding: By encasing all surfaces of an enclosed area, such as a cavern or a room, with thick layers of 39 61 Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited Ravener Not flesh but bone and searing mane the ancient one will come again to drink the soul, consume the pain that waits beyond the clearing’s end.
While these mohrgs function as normal mohrgs, their f lesh does not decay— further castings of gentle repose are unnecessary. Only upon close inspection (whereupon one might notice a faint underlying charnel stench, or might note the lack of breathing with a DC 30 Perception check) or in combat (when the creature’s hideous tongue extrudes from its mouth) is the truth apparent. Frost Mohrg (+1 CR): Distinctive for the icy sheen over the blue f lesh of its innards and tendrils, a frost mohrg’s genesis is similar to that of a desert mohrg—a violent criminal that is executed via lingering exposure to the elements, only in this case, in a cold environment.
A dead creature subject to a create undead spell might find herself transformed into a mohrg. Likewise, a humanoid who has killed many over the course of his life—or even just a few, if he is particularly unrepentant about the lives he’s taken—could awaken to discover that he has not yet passed to the afterlife, but arisen to undeath. Regardless of the means by which the state is achieved, all mohrgs experience a similar passage from life into existence as a mohrg. Although some mohrgs’ appearances may vary with respect to other details, nearly all specimens can be described as humanoid skeletons with grotesque, purple 29 51 Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited loops of intestine growing within their torsos and winding up and out of their mouths like twisting, clawed tongues.