By David Brown
A pragmatic advisor to turning your love for boating into funds within the financial institution you could dream of creating your ardour for the game a method for a livelihood. even if you're looking for brand spanking new employment probabilities or eager to stay energetic in your golden years, Captain Brown will help flip your goals of constructing cash afloat right into a truth. Brown describes the best way to get a role on a ship or run a sensible boat-based enterprise, together with fishing charters, tours, dinner cruises, and water taxis. He additionally covers company concerns, safeguard, advertising, legal responsibility, and Coast shield licensing requisites. the writer information the potential ups and downs and hazards approximately operating a boat-based company.
Read Online or Download Make Money With Your Captain's License: How to Get a Job or Run a Business on a Boat PDF
Similar ships books
This can be the most effective Anatomy of the send books. It provides info on American crusing frigate's which extra targeted books forget. it truly is a very good creation to the U.S. military of the warfare of 1812. For British readers it's a well timed reminder that HMS Shannon was once no longer the single winning Royal military Frigate of the warfare of 1812.
Find out how to improve, function and troubleshoot 12-volt platforms with emphasis on knowing what might be mistaken with a method and the way to enhance it with a multi-stage charging process. first-class diagrams, transparent, concise writing.
The Supercarriers is a finished historic assessment with large pictures, maps, drawings, and operational aspect, together with all air-wing deployments. It covers the entire Forrestal type supercarriers and the follow-on ships, that are primarily of a similar layout. The publication is seriously illustrated with over 100 illustrations and maps masking the Western Pacific, Vietnam, Mediterranean, center East, Indian Ocean, and Caribbean.
- Count Not the Dead: The Popular Image of the German Submarine
- The Coast Mappers
- The War on Hospital Ships 1914 - 1918
- Sailing World
- Make Money With Your Captain's License: How to Get a Job or Run a Business on a Boat
- The Wreck of the Belle, the Ruin of La Salle (Number 48: Centennial Series of the Association of Former Students, Texas A&M University)
Extra info for Make Money With Your Captain's License: How to Get a Job or Run a Business on a Boat
You may have to live aboard or be away from your home for weeks at a time. Professional yacht captain jobs usually last no more than ﬁ ve years. Over time, owners often feel their captains become too much a member of the family, and they prefer the clearer distinction between captain and owner. When this happens, they look for a new “stranger” to take command of the yacht. INSTRUCTOR A surprising number of people buy boats of 40 feet or larger and don’t know how to drive them or how to operate the complex electronics on board.
INSURING YOURSELF If you work for a company driving a company-owned boat, you will be covered under its liability insurance. However, the same is not true if you accept a freelance boat delivery job or agree to give boat-handling instruction on a customer’s boat. This is why you become a named coinsured on the owner’s policy before you take on the work. Because of what insurance companies call “reinsurance treaties,” you cannot buy insurance to cover another person’s boat. For practical purposes this means you cannot insure a delivery customer’s boat under a policy that you purchase.
5. Have you ever held a job as a manager or supervisor? 6. Have you had any formal business training? 7. )? 8. Are you willing to go back to school to learn new skills needed to operate your business? YES NO It is possible to hire bookkeepers, mechanics, and even someone to answer the telephone. Unfortunately, few start-up businesses have the working capital to pay for these services. Instead of spending money, the entrepreneur has to revert to what is euphemistically called “sweat equity” to get things done.