By Junwei Lu, Xiaojun Zhao, Sotoshi Yamada
The first e-book employing HBFEM to sensible digital nonlinear box and circuit problems
• Examines and solves large features of useful electric and digital nonlinear box and circuit difficulties offered through HBFEM
• Combines the most recent examine paintings with crucial heritage wisdom, delivering an all-encompassing reference for researchers, energy engineers and scholars of utilized electromagnetics analysis
• There are only a few books facing the answer of nonlinear electrical- power-related problems
• The contents are in response to the authors’ a long time’ study and event; they method the topic in a well-designed and logical way
• it truly is anticipated that HBFEM turns into a extra worthy and sensible approach over the following five years as a result of HVDC energy procedure, renewable strength method and clever Grid, HF magnetic utilized in DC/DC converter, and Multi-pulse transformer for HVDC energy supply
• HBFEM supplies potent and fiscal options to R&D product development
• comprises Matlab exercises
Read Online or Download Harmonic Balance Finite Element Method: Applications in Nonlinear Electromagnetics and Power Systems PDF
Best electric books
Классическая, по праву считающаяся одной из лучших, книга по разработке импульсных источников питания. Смело может быть рекомендована на роль настольной книги инженера. Содержит массу примеров расчётов, без излишнего теоретизирования.
Highlighting the services, boundaries, and advantages of wind energy, Wind Turbine know-how grants an entire creation and evaluation of wind turbine expertise and wind farm layout and improvement. It identifies the severe parts of a wind turbine, describes the sensible services of every part, and examines the most recent functionality parameters and procurement requirements for those parts.
Updating and reorganizing the dear details within the first variation to reinforce logical improvement, Transformer layout rules: With purposes to Core-Form energy Transformers, moment variation continues to be excited by the fundamental actual strategies at the back of transformer layout and operation. beginning with first rules, this publication develops the reader’s realizing of the reason at the back of layout practices through illustrating how simple formulae and modeling methods are derived and used.
Extra resources for Harmonic Balance Finite Element Method: Applications in Nonlinear Electromagnetics and Power Systems
These high frequencies lead to dramatic reductions in transformer size . When a large step-up or stepdown conversion ratio is required, the use of a transformer can allow better converter optimization. By proper choice of the transformer turns ratio, the voltage or current stresses imposed on the transistors and diodes can be minimized, leading to improved power efficiency and lower cost. There are several ways of incorporating transformer isolation into any DC-DC converter, such as the full bridge, half-bridge, forward and, push-pull converters.
It can also cause damage to the motor shaft. Even nonlinear loads are prey to voltage distortion. Equipment ranging from computers to electronically ballasted fluorescent lights may be damaged by voltage distortion. As the current distortion is conducted through the normal system wiring, it creates voltage distortion according to Ohm’s Law. While current distortion travels only along the power path of the nonlinear load, voltage distortion affects all loads connected to that particular bus or phase.
Increased internal energy losses in connected equipment, causing component failure and shortened lifespan. • False tripping of branch circuit breakers. • Metering errors. • Fires in wiring and distribution systems. • Generator failures. Nonlinear Electromagnetic Field and Its Harmonic Problems 25 • Crest factors and related problems. • Lower system power factor, resulting in penalties on monthly utility bills. 3 Harmonics in the Time Domain and Frequency Domain In electrical engineering, “time domain” is a term used to describe the analysis of electrical signals with respect to time.