By Don Goodsell (Auth.)
A proof of the technical phrases utilized in automobile engineering. Diagrams illustrate the various extra advanced goods, and a separate record of acronyms and initials is supplied. The phrases integrated variety from formal terminology to vernacular, either British and American
Read or Download Dictionary of Automotive Engineering PDF
Similar automotive books
This textbook can assist you research all of the talents you want to move point three car electric and digital platforms classes or comparable modules from urban and Guilds, IMI Awards and BTEC. it's also perfect for ASE, AUR and better point qualifications.
As electric and digital platforms turn into a growing number of advanced and primary to the workings of contemporary autos, figuring out those platforms is vital for car technicians. for college kids new to the topic, this e-book may also help to enhance this data, yet also will support skilled mechanics in maintaining with fresh technological advances. This new version contains info on advancements in hybrid motor vehicle expertise, GPS, multiplexing, and digital stability/vehicle dynamics keep watch over. In complete color and overlaying the most recent direction standards, this can be the advisor that no pupil enrolled on an automobile upkeep and service path may be without.
Designed to make studying more uncomplicated, this ebook contains:
Photographs, move charts, speedy reference tables, review descriptions and step by step instructions
Case stories that will help you positioned the rules lined into real-life context
Useful margin gains all through, together with definitions, key evidence and ‘safety first’ concerns
Die Motorradtechnik ist eines der faszinierendsten Gebiete der Kraftfahrzeugtechnik. Das Motorrad vereinigt wie kaurn ein anderes Fahrzeug auf engstem Bauraurn modemste Motoren-, Fahrwerks- und Werkstofftechnologie. In vielen Bereichen des Fahrzeugbaus hat das Motorrad Schrittmacherfunktionen fUr die Einfiihrung neuer Technologien geleistet.
The severely acclaimed laboratory commonplace, equipment in Enzymology, is without doubt one of the such a lot hugely revered courses within the box of biochemistry. for the reason that 1955, every one quantity has been eagerly awaited, usually consulted, and praised by means of researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence comprises a lot fabric nonetheless appropriate at the present time - really an important e-book for researchers in all fields of lifestyles sciences
- Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications
- Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications 2006
- Let's ride : Sonny Barger's guide to motorcycling
- Transport, Trade and Economic Growth — Coupled or Decoupled?: An Inquiry into Relationships between Transport, Trade and Economic Growth and into User Preferences concerning Growth-oriented Transport Policy
- Vehicle Power Management: Modeling, Control and Optimization
- Studies in Nonlinear Aeroelasticity
Extra resources for Dictionary of Automotive Engineering
2) A reciprocating pump in which the piston is moved by a cam rather than by a connecting rod and crank, cantilever spring Suspension spring, normally a quarter elliptical leaf, rigidly attached to the vehicle at its major section and carrying the undercarriage at its end section, cantrail Upper longitudinal structural member of a vehicle body to which the roof panel and roofsticks are attached. 4. capacitor Electrical component which stores an electric charge when subjected to a voltage difference, capacitor discharge system Ignition system which stores its primary energy in a capacitor.
See also self-aligning torque. See Figure C2. caster offset Longitudinal distance between intersection of steering axis with the ground and the center of tire contact (or intersection with ground of vertical through wheel spin axis). Offset is considered positive when the intersection point is forward of tire contact center. Also mechanical trail. catalytic converter Emission control device fitted in the exhaust system of spark ignition engines. The converter reduces the toxicity of products of combustion by catalytic re-combination.
See also Cetane Index Rating; Diesel Index, CFR engine Variable compression test engine developed under the direction of the Cooperative Fuel Research Committee (CFR) and by which the octane quality of fuels can be determined. chain (1) A series of interlinked ovoid metal rings forming a length or continuous loop. (2) A series of pairs of links interconnected at their joints by parallel rods which may carry, in the case of a roller chain, hardened steel rollers. (3) A roller chain consisting of two or more parallel sets of links and rollers, as in the duplex chain or triplex chain, chain and sprocket drive Power transmission in which a roller chain engages with two or more toothed wheels or sprockets.