By Terence Sherlock
* First ebook on a debatable subject seriously very important to many huge firms * Authors are between few in with proper adventure the 1st ebook to explain how Microsoft's part item version (COM) should be supported on computers except home windows. Drawing on Compaq's groundbreaking paintings of porting COM/DCOM to its OpenVMS and Tru64 UNIX Alpha systems, COM past Microsoft explains how the COM general may help agencies combine their functions throughout a heterogeneous computing setting. This booklet information the cutting edge COM aid now local on Tru64 UNIX and OpenVMS and divulges how builders can make the most COM on OpenVMS and COM on Tru64 UNIX to create moveable software program elements that run nearly unchanged on OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX, home windows NT, home windows 2000, and different significant computing structures.
Read or Download COM Beyond Microsoft: Designing and Implementing COM Servers on Compaq Platforms PDF
Best client-server systems books
Microsoft trade Server 2007 marks the largest development within the background of the alternate Product workforce. The thoroughly re-engineered server procedure will switch the face of ways IT directors method alternate. Tony Redmond, one of many worlds so much acclaimed trade specialists, deals insider perception from the very fundamentals of the newly reworked structure to knowing the nuances of the hot and stronger Microsoft administration Console (MMC) three.
Tips on how to set up, configure, and administer home windows® 2000 Professional—and arrange for the Microsoft® qualified specialist (MCP) exam—with this reputable Microsoft examine advisor. paintings at your personal velocity in the course of the classes and hands-on routines. And use the targeted exam-prep part and trying out device to degree what you recognize and the place to concentration your studies—before taking the particular examination.
Covers the latest model of WHS! this is often the main finished, useful, and invaluable advisor to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply hide all points of working home windows domestic Server: He indicates tips on how to use it to simplify every little thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to safeguard.
Totally up-to-date to mirror significant advancements and Configuration alterations in Samba-3. zero. eleven via three. zero. 20+! You’ve deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with today’s definitive advisor to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and gear on your construction atmosphere. Direct from contributors of the Samba staff, The respectable Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference consultant, moment variation, deals the main systematic and authoritative assurance of Samba’s complicated positive aspects and features.
- Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App Controller
- Microsoft Object Thinking
- The Theory of Timed I/O Automata
- Designing a New Class of Distributed Systems
- Beginning JBoss Seam: From Novice to Professional
- Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Windows 2000 Server in 24 Hours
Additional resources for COM Beyond Microsoft: Designing and Implementing COM Servers on Compaq Platforms
As a result, you have to choose your CORBA vendor carefully, based on the platforms you need to cover. It also means that adding additional operating system platforms to your CORBA environment later may be difficult. ● CORBA has always been the ORB of choice for big iron because it’s fairly complex to implement—that is, it requires very experienced programmers and designers who understand all the pieces (transport layers, sockets, security, and so on) and who can implement them. To a generation of programmers raised on visual development environments and o-o languages that hide connection management, security, and socket library coding, CORBA might appear too difficult to use.
You can take an existing component and add one or more new interfaces and quickly deploy the new component into your test environment. ● Simplified testing When you make a change to a monolithic application, you have to recompile, relink, and retest the entire application. With components, however, you need to test only the new or changed components themselves. You can do this by building, registering, and immediately deploying the new or changed components in your existing test environment. The new or changed components interact with the existing components.
With Microsoft Visual Studio C++ and the supporting functions of the Enterprise Toolkit, you develop, debug, build, and tune C and C++ server applications on NT for the Compaq platforms. The Toolkit’s supporting functions include wizards for setting up remote projects (establishing remote and local file sets and access to a remote host), functions for remotely building applications on Tru64 UNIX or OpenVMS, Visual Studio search functions, the Ladebug Debugger with a graphical interface, and access to online documentation.