By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This ebook is meant when you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this ebook methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn instantly during the complete publication, and through the tip should still think useful to manage any Mac server thrown their approach. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of alternative Unix-based servers, the ebook is prepared by means of initiatives that you can both commence analyzing at any aspect, skipping fabric , or decide and select the chapters you’ll locate so much invaluable on your personal paintings or method wishes. This task-oriented process additionally makes the e-book necessary as a normal reference for all features of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the publication, exact emphasis is given to the recent beneficial properties of the newest unlock, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll the best way to combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the recent cellular entry positive factors, or the way to set up an SSL certificates within the internet carrier, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and attain what must get performed
- Thorough topic insurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level beneficial properties, command-line gains, and possible choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand new directors, emphasis on new beneficial properties for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for knowledgeable IT and company directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key gains of Mac OS X Server, together with new prone reminiscent of cellular entry for iPhone integration and deal with booklet Server
- The most productive method of fit your operating type, together with GUI and command-line possible choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration thoughts for a number community and server configurations
- How to let each one required carrier and all in their prone from begin to end
Who this publication is for
This booklet is for directors drawn to a whole path on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older types, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all facets of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing companies
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community providers
- Configuring community providers for safeguard
- Managing consumer pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring deal with ebook Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail companies
- Setting Up prone for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing documents
- Setting Up Printing companies
- Backing Up Your facts
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read Online or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Best client-server systems books
Microsoft alternate Server 2007 marks the largest development within the historical past of the alternate Product workforce. The thoroughly re-engineered server approach will swap the face of ways IT directors technique trade. Tony Redmond, one of many worlds so much acclaimed trade specialists, bargains insider perception from the very fundamentals of the newly remodeled structure to realizing the nuances of the recent and greater Microsoft administration Console (MMC) three.
The right way to set up, configure, and administer home windows® 2000 Professional—and organize for the Microsoft® qualified specialist (MCP) exam—with this legitimate Microsoft examine advisor. paintings at your personal speed throughout the classes and hands-on routines. And use the distinct exam-prep part and trying out software to degree what you recognize and the place to concentration your studies—before taking the particular examination.
Covers the most recent model of WHS! this can be the main entire, useful, and priceless advisor to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply hide all points of operating home windows domestic Server: He indicates tips on how to use it to simplify every thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to safeguard.
Absolutely up-to-date to mirror significant advancements and Configuration adjustments in Samba-3. zero. eleven via three. zero. 20+! You’ve deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with today’s definitive advisor to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and gear on your creation setting. Direct from participants of the Samba staff, The respectable Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference advisor, moment version, bargains the main systematic and authoritative assurance of Samba’s complex positive aspects and services.
- Pro SQL Server 2005 Service Broker
- The SysAdmin Handbook
- Programming Web Services with XML-RPC
- MCSA/MCSE Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-296)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Extra resources for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
File Sharing pane Once all the default shares are removed (as shown in Figure 2–27), go back to the Volumes display, and click Browse. From there, select the Data volume, and create a new folder called SharePoints. Then select SharePoints, and create another new folder called Storage, which should appear as something similar in Figure 2–28. Once you have created Storage, you can select it and click the Share button to configure it as a share point. By default it will enable the share point for Spotlight indexing.
Once the process has completed, you will be returned to the Server Admin window and see that the role has changed to Open Directory master (Figure 2–23). 33 34 CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–22. Reviewing Open Directory settings Figure 2–23. The server is now an Open Directory master. CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Now that you have a working OD master, it is time to log into the system and start creating accounts. You can at this point use the Server Preferences tool or Workgroup Manager.
That is why you may want to consider a standard naming convention to be put in place now, because many companies run into the problem of initially creating accounts by first names, but then everything goes south the first day they hire their second Chris in the office. CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–26. Workgroup Manager users From the top of the central pane, click the Groups tab, and there you will see the current group list, which by default will just have the generic Open Directory Users container.