By Don Butler DTI Combined first class Engineers Certificate of competency for steam ships and motor ships.Chartered Engineer (C. Eng)Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers (F.I.Mar.E)Member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers (M.C.M.S)
Expert send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing adventure during this detailed source for exact rate estimation and planning
- Includes demanding to come back via info on general send fix hard work expectancies for actual man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine execs to assist with fix specification and negotiation, assisting you to devise paintings and budgets extra reliably
- Uses man-hours rather than specific charges or currencies, offering a long term version for pricing despite situation, cost fluctuation or inflation
Bringing jointly another way scattered info on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this worthy advisor will prevent time and increase the accuracy of your send fix estimates. do not plan or fee paintings with no it!
Don Butler is a fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers and a member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and send Surveyors, UK.
- Made up of very difficult to return by way of info on standard send fix hard work expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine execs to save lots of time, relief in fix negotiation and support businesses to devise extra reliably
- Man-hour listings help in long term pricing, that means the booklet content material continues to be legitimate despite foreign money, fee fluctuation or inflation
Read or Download A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition PDF
Best ships books
This is often the best Anatomy of the send books. It offers information on American crusing frigate's which extra distinct books fail to remember. it's a superb advent to the USA military of the conflict of 1812. For British readers it's a well timed reminder that HMS Shannon was once now not the single winning Royal army Frigate of the conflict of 1812.
The way to improve, function and troubleshoot 12-volt structures with emphasis on figuring out what should be incorrect with a approach and the way to enhance it with a multi-stage charging method. first-class diagrams, transparent, concise writing.
The Supercarriers is a finished old evaluation with wide photographs, maps, drawings, and operational element, together with all air-wing deployments. It covers the entire Forrestal classification supercarriers and the follow-on ships, that are primarily of an identical layout. The booklet is seriously illustrated with over 100 illustrations and maps overlaying the Western Pacific, Vietnam, Mediterranean, heart East, Indian Ocean, and Caribbean.
- 100 Boat Designs Reviewed: Design Commentaries by the Experts (Woodenboat)
- IEC 60092-101 ed4.1 Consol. with am1 Electrical installations in ships - Part 101: Definitions and general requirements
- Cargo Handling and the Modern Port
- The Art of Boat Names: Inspiring Ideas for Names and Designs
Additional resources for A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition
Exclusions: l A ccess works. l R emovals for access. This also includes other pipes in way. l A ny cleaning works. l H eating coils. These are subject to special consideration. l A ny necessary staging or access works. Continued A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours. 00004-4 Copyright © 2012 Don Butler. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. 1 Pipe work renewals in schedule 40 and schedule 80 seamless steel—cont’d Man-hours per meter Pipe dia. 5 8 10 13 16 21 26 31 37 42 47 53 58 64 Notes: A minimum charge to be applied for length of pipe of 3 meters.
Including erection of staging for access and later dismantling. Exclusions: All hull preparation and painting of the steel works in way of the repairs. Man-hours per meter Pipe dia. (mm) 200 250 300 350 Straight run of fender 20 22 24 26 Curved fender at corners 30 32 34 36 Note: The above figures are for split steel pipe only. For other shapes, steel fabrication tariffs will be applicable, based upon steel weights. 15 Anchor cables (per side) Ranging out for examination and later restowing. Cleaning by high-pressure jet wash or grit sweeping.
L F airing of adjacent plates except as minor in the immediate vicinity as noted above. Man-hours are per tonne of finished dimensions. The rates shown are for large quantities of steel renewals. The lower limit will be given by the shipyard and is dependent upon the size of the repair yard and the vessel. Assume the limit to be approximately 5 metric tonnes. Shipowner superintendents should be aware of the methods used by the shipyards of calculating steel weights, and this is illustrated below.