By Butler, Don (Auth.)
Expert send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing event during this specified source for exact price estimation and planning
- Includes difficult to return by way of info on average send fix hard work expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine pros to help with fix specification and negotiation, aiding you to devise paintings and budgets extra reliably
- Uses man-hours in place of specific premiums or currencies, supplying a long term version for pricing despite situation, fee fluctuation or inflation
Bringing jointly differently scattered information on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this beneficial consultant will prevent time and increase the accuracy of your send fix estimates. do not plan or fee paintings with no it!
Don Butler is a fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers and a member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and send Surveyors, UK.
- Made up of very not easy to come back by means of info on commonplace send fix exertions expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine pros to avoid wasting time, relief in fix negotiation and support businesses to devise extra reliably
- Man-hour listings help in long term pricing, which means the ebook content material continues to be legitimate despite foreign money, expense fluctuation or inflation
Read or Download A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man Hours PDF
Best ships books
This is often the best Anatomy of the send books. It offers information on American crusing frigate's which extra specific books disregard. it truly is a superb advent to the us military of the conflict of 1812. For British readers it's a well timed reminder that HMS Shannon used to be now not the single profitable Royal army Frigate of the battle of 1812.
The right way to improve, function and troubleshoot 12-volt platforms with emphasis on realizing what could be incorrect with a process and the way to enhance it with a multi-stage charging process. first-class diagrams, transparent, concise writing.
The Supercarriers is a finished historic evaluate with broad pictures, maps, drawings, and operational aspect, together with all air-wing deployments. It covers all the Forrestal classification supercarriers and the follow-on ships, that are primarily of an analogous layout. The e-book is seriously illustrated with over 100 illustrations and maps masking the Western Pacific, Vietnam, Mediterranean, center East, Indian Ocean, and Caribbean.
- Safety of tourist submersibles
- The 32-Gun Frigate Essex (Anatomy of the Ship)
- Frances Smith: Palace Steamer of the Upper Great Lakes 1867-1896
- A Night to Remember
Extra resources for A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man Hours
Assume as 60% the rate of top overhaul. 2 Cylinder liners – 1 Withdrawal of cylinder liner, cleaning exposed areas as far as accessible, installation of new, owner’s supplied liner and rubber seals. Cylinder bore (mm) Man-hours per cylinder 500 550 600 650 700 750 800 850 900 950 1000 60 62 67 72 77 82 90 97 107 120 135 Note: Assuming that cylinder head, piston, and piston rod are already removed as part of the top or complete overhaul. 3 Bearing survey – 1 Opening up for inspection, exposing both halves, cleaning, calibrating, and presenting for survey.
2 Pipe clamps Supply and fitting of new pipe clamps together with the supply of new standard material fastenings. Including welding of clamp to ship’s structure. Pipe dia. 3 Spool pieces Removal of existing steel penetration pieces from bulkheads or decks, fabrication and installation of new straight, seamless steel, penetration pieces with two flanges and one flat bulkhead compensation flange welded in place. Including supply and installation of soft joint and standard material fastenings. Man-hours per spool piece Pipe dia.
Input the data into the table and use the formula to determine the weight of aluminum anodes for the period required. From the above tables and results, it will be seen that approximately three to four times the weight of zinc anodes are required, to that of aluminum, for the same protection. It is for this reason that, in larger vessels, aluminum is used in preference to zinc. Of course, aluminum is much more expensive than zinc. 11 Sea chests and strainers Opening up of sea chests by removing ship side strainers, cleaning, and painting with owner’s paints, as per hull treatment specification.